Tuesday 1 February 2011

Thermae Spa - Hot Stone Massage Review

As part of my health and beauty blog, I want to include some reviews on treatments, Old and New, and so I start my first review from  a friend, Claire in Wiltshire who had a wonderful first experience of a massage treatment - Hot Stone at the Thermae Spa in Bath.

I went to Thermae Spa in Bath ..... this was my first time at a spa and my first ever time having a massage type treatment, I was unsure what to expect. I chose the hot stone treatment because i often use heat to relieve pain myself in the form of a hot water bottle or wheat bag, generally for shoulder neck or back pain but also toothache.
  The staff at the centre were lovely.... the treatment lasts about 45 minutes and starts with you laying on warm stones carefully placed to line up with your spine. Then stones are placed at other points on your chest and neck hands and toes. The treatment starts with a facial which I hadn't expected but also uses stones to massage around the temples. A shoulder, neck, chest, hand and foot massage are also included and by the time it got to the end, I was more relaxed than i ever had been. It's a very calming experience although the style of it doesn't do much for the lower back which is a shame.
After the treatment i then spent the rest of the afternoon shared between the roof top pool as it was a very cold day but also sunny so it was lovely to relax in the warm spa water, and there other facilities a jacuzzi and steam rooms.
In all a lovely day and I would definitely go back and would probably spend a whole day there and sample more of their treatments.
  Thermae Spa is situated in the heart of bath, combining old and new with the Natural Thermal Waters, Cross Bath and the New Royal Bath for a special spa experience.

They offer over 50 spa, health and beauty treatments, including specially designed packages.
Please note that treatments have to be booked in advance and can only be booked along spa sessions.

For more info or to book visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment