Friday 28 January 2011

Itchy, Flaky Scalp - Dandruff??

I have never had dandruff or suffered from eczema on the head. Nor have I ever had a problem with my scalp before. So what is happening to my scalp now?

For about a week or so now my head after washing my hair becomes very itchy and dry and I mean VERY itchy!! So itchy it has made my scalp rather sore and find it quite embarrassing.

However, after my sister visiting me the other day and somehow getting on the subject about our heads, we both found that after using the same product we have both suffered from the same symptoms. You could say it is a conscience but I find that unlikely and decided to have a look at what was in the product that could be the cause of this.

Product - Pantene Aqua Light
The new Aqua Light shampoo cleanses from root to tip rinsing off in seconds. Free of silicone and other heavy ingredients, it nourishes hair leaving a fresh, clean and light feeling.

Yes it does and did for a about a week my hair and scalp felt really clean. Maybe too clean, as now my head feels like it has been stripped from its natural moisture.
After looking at the ingredients, and looking them up on the net, there could be a number of them giving me this reaction. As a result I have stopped using this and would recommend anyone using this, to use another product in between washing with this that doesn't strip moisture from your scalp.


The Conditioner - as far as I am aware is fine as the product doesn't touch the scalp. 

The Ingredients
Aqua,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ,Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Sodium Chloride ,Sodium Citrate ,Citric Acid ,Sodium Xylenesulfonate ,Parfum ,Cocamide MEA ,Sodium Benzoate ,Tetrasodium EDTA ,PEG-60 Almond Glycerides ,Butylphenyl Methylpropional ,Panthenyl Ethyl Ether ,Panthenol ,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride ,Benzyl Alcohol ,Linalool ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Limonene ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Magnesium Nitrate ,Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde ,Methylchloroisothiazolinone ,Magnesium Chloride ,Methylisothiazolinone ,Fumaric Acid

No comments:

Post a Comment