Tuesday 4 June 2013

Kiehl's Superly Smoothing Argan Products - Review

I've tried loads of different smoothing products for my hair. Even though my hair is naturally straight, my hair is full and I always get it thinned out. I also use my straightners everyday to keep it looking smooth and managable. My hair is also highlighted and as you know with highlighted or coloured hair it can feel a bit dry at times.

My other problem with my hair was that I could never style my hair like my hairdresser. I can't seem to blow dry it like her at all, which is mainly half my problem why my hair after washing is so puffy and full.

So, I decided when I got my allocation from work, to try the Kiehls products as heard very good reviews about them and on the plus side they are also contain a lot of natural and orgain ingredients in.

As I love Argan oil products, I was instantly drawn to getting the Argan oil range. The shampoo however was out of stock so only managed to get the Conditioner and the Treatment in the Superbly Smoothing Argan Oil Range.

WOW! I have totally fallen in love with these two. My poor GHD's have been almost made redundent!

And the best bit........... Blow drying my hair is a totally different story now. I can almost get a blow dry as good as my hairdresser. It is more managable to blow dry and style, and does not go all puffy and full. It creates a very nice smooth but can create some volume to the style, without having to really use my hair straigtners after ( unless I really want a very slick straight look without the little volume ).

Okay, so lets talk about the products.

Superbly Smooth Argan Conditioner
Formulated with Argan Oil, it helps to moisturizes, detangles, and provides intensive smoothing, giving long-lasting shine with a frizz-free finish. - and it actually does that!
The smell is amazing too, no un-natural parfum smell, just pure natural ingredients shinning though, it make the hair smell totally gorgeous.
I am definitely sticking this range, and I can't wait to try out the shampoo too.
Cost is on the premium side - £18.50  - 200ml, but definitely worth it. I have used it every other day for over a month now and still got at least another month left of usuage.

Key Ingredients:

Argan Oil
Indigenous to Morocco’s Atlas Mountain Region, this fairly-traded, organic Argan Oil is derived from the Argan Tree and is naturally rich in poly-unsaturated fatty acids, including Tocopherols (Vitamin E), and Omega-6 and Omega- 9 fatty acids, which are known for having restorative and protective properties.

Coconut Oil  

Coconut oil is an off-white, semi-solid, highly saturated fat expressed from the kernels of the coconut. It lathers readily and is stable when exposed to air.

Sesame Oil

Sesame Oil, which is a refined moisturizing oil derived from Sesame Seeds, has the same emollient properties as other nut and vegetable oils and is commonly used as a carrier oil.


Deeply Restorative Smoothing Hair Oil Concentrate

As we know  Excessive heat styling and external aggressors can leave hair looking frizzy and feeling coarse.Kiehl’s Deeply Restorative Smoothing Hair Oil Concentrate helps to treat this concern, - a lightweight oil treatment that helps to nourish hair. 

Enriched with Fairly-Traded Argan Kernel Oil and Sesame Seed Oil, the formula helps to helps to nourish hair while creating a natural barrier that helps lock out humidity. 

Hair is left feeling smoother, more manageable and free from frizz.

As I have mentioned above, this is key product in making my hair more easier to blow dry and style, without having to use my straigtners every day.  I would recommend this for anyone who colour their hair or has very frizzy, unruley, curley hair. Depending on hair length, I would either spray on hair as described on the bottle.

Or for short hair like mine ( which is chin lenght at front but cut in at the back ), I would definitely spray up to two pumps only onto the palms of hands and blend into hair. 

You can use this on dry or wet hair. I like to use it on freshly washed hair before blowing drying.  If you hair is really dry or frizzy you can put it onto dry hair afterwards as described on the bottle.

This is far the best treatment oil I have used and I can not recommend it enough. I had a lot of comments from work colleagues when I first started using these products. I also been recommending it left right and centre to my friends.

Cost I beleive is actually very reasonable at £18 for 180ml. I have again used this every other day after washing my hair and got almost a whole bottle still left to use. It applys to the hair very easily with out leaving it heavy or oily.   There are quite a few different oils used in this product but here are the main key ingredients.

Argan Oil

Indigenous to Morocco’s Atlas Mountain Region, this fairly-traded, organic Argan Oil is derived from the Argan Tree and is naturally rich in poly-unsaturated fatty acids, including Tocopherols (Vitamin E), and Omega-6 and Omega- 9 fatty acids, which are known for having restorative and protective properties.

Jojoba Oil

Jojoba Oil is extracted from the beanlike seeds of the desert shrub Simondsia Chinensis and has been traditionally used by both Mexicans and Native Americans for skin care purpose. It reduces transepidermal water loss without completely blocking the transportation of water vapor and gasses.

Sesame Oil

Sesame Oil, which is a refined moisturizing oil derived from Sesame Seeds, has the same emollient properties as other nut and vegetable oils and is commonly used as a carrier oil.


For more information about Kiehl's, product catalogue and where to buy visit www.kiehls.co.uk

 



No comments:

Post a Comment