Wednesday 29 May 2013

Clarisonic Plus - Review Part 1

I couldn't believe my eyes when the postman brought me this to my door at the beginning of the month. As a Thank You Gift from work for our hard work, we were given this wonderful gift. A Clarisonic Plus for Face and Body.


I am doing this review in two parts, this one is for the face and I will do the body at a later stage as currently 8 months pregnant I am finding it hard to reach certain parts.

Now I know the Clarisonic has been around for a while now, and many companies have tried to sell there own version of it. It would be great to compare them all but for now this is my experience of using the Clarisonic.

Firstly what makes Clarisonic different from any other electric cleansing face brush?

Clarisonic Cleansing uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, yet thoroughly remove significantly more makeup. There research has shown that Clarisonic Cleansing:
• Removes more makeup than manual cleansing.
• Leads to greater absorption of Vitamin C when compared to manual cleansing.
• Helps to improve the appearance of skin tone, texture, elasticity and firmness
• Makes skin look and feel softer, smoother and healthier.
• Reduces the appearance of visible pores
Clarisonic Plus - Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems• Is a gentle cleansing process that can be used up to 2 a day, for a maximum of 2 minutes in total.

The Clarisonic is suitable for all skin types with different brushes for each type - Sensitive, Delicate, Normal and Deep Cleansing.  Although you can use any cleanser with the Clarisonic, Clarionic also do there own cleansers for each skin type and an exfoliator.

In the package you get a sample size of  the 3 cleansers; cleansing refreshing gel, nourishing care cleanser and gentle hydro cleanser. I have so far only used the refreshing gel cleanser after my usual cleanser ran out a week ago ( my usual cleanser is Biotherm's Normal/Combi cleansing mousse ). The refreshing gel is just a good as my usual cleanser, and it does feel refreshing and doesn't dry your skin out after like it says.

You also get a sensitive brush head but can purchase other heads if needed. As the brush isn't suitable around the eyes, it suggests to remove with eye make up first. I also pre-cleanse my face with a bit of cleanser to wash my eyes before using the brush.
http://www.clarisonic.co.uk/img/packshot/products/Brush_Sensitive_m.jpg
To use the brush, all it takes is 1 minute which is spilt down into individual timer parts indicated by a bleep timer on the brush. This is called the T-Timer,  Starting with the forehead, than nose and chin finishing on the cheeks.
Check the Videos on the Clarisonic website The Sonic Difference Videos

It is also waterproof and can be used in the shower, which is great for me as I shower every morning. The brush feels amazing on the skin too and you can really feel the difference from first use. My skin has improved with its tone and texture almost instantly and was getting comments alot in the first week or two.
My pores have definitely reduced as well which is something I've tried many products to do but nothing worked, so I am really happy a brush can do this. Pores have been reduced on forehead, nose and chin.
Due to this, I believe this is why my skin isn't so oily as it used to be on those areas which is fab news.

I love using this product and just like I would never swap my electric tooth brush for a manual. I think the same goes for my cleansing routine.

I can not wait to try out the body brushing after I have had my baby, and see the results it can do on my thighs, knees and other parts. Part 2 for the body will done around end of July/August.

I would definitely recommend using the clarisonic for anyone who loves to look after their skin. Suitable for all skin types due to the different heads. Prices start at £99

For more info on Clarisonic and where to purchase visit www.clarisonic.co.uk

Please note: Although this was a gift from my work, my opinion and review on this product has not been affected, influenced or biaz. This is my true review of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment